Friday, August 22, 2008

Last Minute Escape

Corb and I met up in Phoenix for some much needed time together and a yoga retreat. It doesn't matter that we only attended 1 1/2 hours of it right? This trip started as many of our old adventures did, on a whim. However, unlike some of our trips from the past it did not include hitchhikers, one-way tickets, getting ready to go out on the town at 3:00 a.m. or driving south until we could find some sun only to end up in St. George with nothing but our swimsuits. All stories for another time. (or not) We stayed up all night, laughed, laughed some more, swam, drove around having no clue where we were going (a big thanks to Jamie, glad I got to see you even if it was for only a minute) and of course ate ice-cream. Here are some pictures.


Yes we are in Baskin Robbins, where else would we be after yoga (or any other time)? But wait it gets better. They were having a buy-get-one-free special. So, after eating our first double scoop sundae we went back for another. (This wentwell with my if it's on sale buy it even if you don't need it thinking). We did drive around to try and find a different Baskin Robbins, but due to the fact we had no idea where we were, we decided to go right back to the same one. (And we aren't talking a couple hours later, they still remembered our previous order.)


This is one of many pictures we took of ourselves at the pool. It may look casually posed, but realize we had just set the timer and ran to jump into the pool without slipping. (which we did unsuccessfully a few times). Luckily we were the only one's at the pool, but I'm sure many people were laughing as they watched out windows. Thaks Corb, for another memorable adventure.

5 comments:

Hayley Winslow said...

Very nice. Mike says you're a big jerk (I'm not sure why). Anywho, I'm jealous and very happy that you were able to get away for a minute or two. How fun it must be to have a friend you have been able to build memories with over the years.

Malea Ellett said...

SOOOO FUN!!!!!!

Corbie said...

You, my swimsuit, and some ice cream...all I need for the perfect getaway.

Thanks for the most memorable trip (guaranteed :) I will have for quite some time.

Love your guts!
Corb

Kerry said...

After being your friend for 6 years I have not heard any of these interesting stories. I think we need to have a late night and let you fill us in!

Mug said...

Someday I would like to hear some of those stories. (Or would I?) I'm glad you two got away together I just wished I could have been there taking pictures.