Thursday, December 18, 2008

Schools out - really?

Seriously folks this is all it takes in Washington County to shut down the school system. You can still see the curbing in my front yard for goodness sake. Here's a shot of the road in front of my house. I know, I know St. George doesn't have any snow plows, but honestly does this road look like it needs a plow? It was slush by 9:00. Of course the kids were thrilled to see the snow actually sticking to the ground and loved playing in it. Truth be told, I was just as excited as they were. Christmas time is the only time of year I miss living in Salt Lake. The snow takes me back to years that seem to belong to a different life. It reminds me of growing up, being young and feeling the true magic of Christmas. Here are some pics of Payton making her first snowman, you have to look close to see him. He's the white thing standing in front of her leg, she is so proud. Ellie and Kortney were gone with friends all day so no pics of them.

6 comments:

Hayley Winslow said...

cute pictures!!! It was fun caroling to you guys last night. I hope poor Court didn't freeze to death (and thanks for turning around so we could sing to you!). To answer your question, I'm performing at the Eccles on Sat night at a Lieto! choir concert. THey are amazing! It's free and it's all Christmas. I think it starts at 7. If you were thinking of coming, let me know and I'll double check on the star time (I only know my call time for sure).

Corbie said...

You carol now? What? Like you sing in public? I can't even get you to sing along with the car radio!

The pics are adorable and they are all the more reason that you should just move back up here - Kortney is clearly a snowbird.

She looks adorable and I was actually surprised you own all the outdoor gear - what do you guys need mittens for?

xoxo

Marti Christensen said...

Hayley- I will try to be there. I would love to hear what you have written.

Corb - okay so you know me well enough to know I don't sing, they came caroling to me not with me. And, clearly I do need to move back up there since you can no longer tell the difference in Kortney and Payton.

Robyn said...

That is too funny! I need to post what is going on up here right now!! Crazy mess! My kids have been praying for a snow day all week. Guess I need to move to St. George to make that happen for them!
It even looks like warm snow!

Corbie said...

Okay, there is a good reason for my mistake but I am not going to admit to it here. I'm going to instead let your readers think I am the crappiest best friend imaginable. It is better than admitting the real reason. Now move back here before I forget your name as well.

Marti Christensen said...

Robyn - I do think it's a great idea for you to move down here, just think we have soccer all year round. It was warm snow, I am actually taking the pictures in my flip flops.

Corb - I know the real reason, it has to do with one of your strange mental issues. You probably have a whole list of reasons. (you of course made the list yourself)