Thursday, December 11, 2008

Keeping Things Even

Having three girls, I am constantly trying to keep things fair. Even if this means completing the same insanely long and detailed baby book (the one I thought would be great for Ellie) for all my girls. By the time I finish Payton's I'll want to burn it. Truth be told I'm not even done with Kortney's yet, in my wise choice of baby books I got the one that goes to age 7. What was I thinking? Actually I can blame this one on Corbie. (There are many things in my life that I like to blame on Corbie - and she usually lets me.) So in keeping things level, after devoting an entire post to Ellie playing soccer, it is only fair I show some pictures of Kort and Payt in their dance classes. These are the best shots I could get of Kortney during her ballet class. I personally think she's a natural - her middle name isn't Grace by chance.


















Payton told me no more pictures and didn't hide her disgust when I kept going. In her class they dress up as many different characters and pretty much run around the room. She loves it and cries to go to her "dancing class."

6 comments:

Corbie said...

Look! It's you and me! Three years apart, on a dance floor, and cute as can be!!! :)

So, as I was reading the post, before I even got to the part where you blamed me for the baby book, I thought to myself 'Oops...I think I talked her into that dang baby book'. I love that - I love that our lives intersect so much that I still get to be a part of small details.

So, blame away! I will take it - just keep letting me be in on all the important decisions (like which horribly detailed baby book to choose).

Love the pics - love the girls - love you.

Melanie said...

Marti- don't you know there is a rule about every child after the firstborn getting the shaft? (as far as pictures, baby books, and extra cirricular activities goes)? It's much later in life that the youngest gets spoiled and turns into a brat.
-can you tell I am the oldest?

Kerry said...

Kortney looks fabulous. She is going to make a beautiful bride for Eli one day. So quit thinking that you have to catch up on all the stuff. My baby books only went until two and I don't think Gracy or Eli's ever got finished. Like your friend said above the older gets all the pics and the youngest gets spoiled. I am the youngest and yes I admit I was spoiled and a brat. I don't think things have changed much. I blame it on Joe, he needs to learn to tell me no!!

Cheryl Gillilan said...

Marti your girls are so cute! The pictures on the side of your blog are beautiful.... except where is yours? They look so cute, Malea was your photographer I assume? She is awesome. What a cute family you guys are! Good Work!

Cheryl Gillilan said...

We would love to visit for the holidays! We need to plan that out! We might be coming in mid-January when Gary is doing the half marathon. So if you could keep your tree up and the presents wrapped up until then, that would be great!

Marti Christensen said...

Corb - You know how I am about decisions so like it or not you are in for even the not so important ones. Love your guts too.

Mel - I think we are already seeing the spoiling thing come into play. The sad thing is I'm too tired to care. (and she is so stinkin cute)

Kerry - If Eli can handle her moody butt, he can have her. If my spoiled Payt turns out like you it will all be good.

Cheryl - Yes, it was Malea. Who else? The way life is going the tree will be up until March so come whenever. We have room for Gary and Christine if they need a place too. (Except that dang shower is still broken, didn't Eric learn how to fix those things at Home Depot?) Let us know.